John J. Wiles – Managing Partner
Email Attorney | Phone 770.426.4619
Experienced Marietta lawyer and former Georgia legislator handles landlord-tenant disputes, real estate transactions and commercial litigation
John J. Wiles is the Managing Partner of Wiles & Wiles, LLP. John began his practice in Marietta in April 1988 and within two years added two partners and a second paralegal. His firm has continued to grow, and now with five attorneys, three paralegals and three staff members, it has thrived over the years, which can be attributed to the quality of work that Wiles & Wiles, LLP consistently performs for its clients under the direction of Mr. Wiles. John regularly lectures on Landlord/Tenant Law and teaches real estate courses for credit through the Wiles & Wiles, LLP Real Estate School.
John was born in Stuttgart, Germany on August 21, 1957 to a proud military family. He earned his B.A. from The George Washington University in 1980 and his J.D. from The Stetson University College of Law in 1983. John was a member of Phi Alpha Delta, a Staff Member of the Stetson University Law Review, 1982-1983, and the author of "U.S. v. Lee: Has The Retreat Been Sounded For Free Exercise?" 12 Stetson Law Review 852.
John is licensed to practice law in Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Colorado and Texas. He is a member of the American Bar Association, the State Bar of Georgia, the Florida Bar, and the Texas Bar. He is also a member of the International Council of Shopping Centers where he serves as the ICSC Alliance Private Sector Co-Chair for the State of Georgia. John is also active in NAIOP.
John was an Assistant Solicitor of Cobb County, Georgia, 1984, a State Representative in the Georgia House of Representatives, 1995-2003, and a Georgia Senator from 2005 to 2011 where he served as the Majority Whip. Mr. Wiles represents Commercial Landlords and concentrates in the areas of Litigation, Real Estate Law, Landlord & Tenant Law, and Bankruptcy.
John is active in the community as a Member of The Cobb Chamber of Commerce and The Kennesaw Business Association. He and his family attend NorthStar Church.
- Supreme Court of the State of Georgia
- Supreme Court of the State of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- International Council of Shopping Centers, Georgia Alliance co-chair
- American Bar Association
- Cobb Chamber of Commerce
- Kennesaw Business Association
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law, 1983
- B.A., George Washington University, 1980
Honors and awards
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- U.S. v. Lee: Has the Retreat Been Sounded for Free Exercise? 12 Stetson Law Review 852 (1983).
- Learning From the Past: Drafting to Avoid Issues We Saw During the Recession Published in Probate & Property, Volume 28, Number 6 (November/December 2014).